Indoor health Specialist / Industrial Hygienist
The George Washington University, Washington, DC 2002 – 2006
Elliot School of International Affairs
Master of International Development Studies- Natural Resources & Environment
The College of William and Mary,Williamsburg, VA 1994 – 1998
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Bachelor of Science in Environmental Science
INLOGIX Enterprises LLC, Fairfax, VA 2013 – current
- Investigate risk relating to mold and indoor health concerns.
- Act as an independent liaison communicating with occupants, insurance, management, and service firms.
GenOn Energy, Landover, MD 2011 – 2013
- Development and implementation of occupational health and industrial hygiene programs to address potential health risks in company workplace settings with emphasis on occupational illness prevention
- Provision of industrial hygiene and health services to GenOn Mid-Atlantic plants, including development of qualitative and quantitative sampling strategies and IH consultation.
- Performance of personal exposure monitoring to determine environmental safety of workers for noise, dust, chemical hazards and other contaminants per Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Management of IH Power corporate online database program for industrial hygiene sampling data.
- Management of 3E Online corporate online database program for site chemical inventories and MSDS repository.
Apex Companies, Rockville, MD 2008 – 2011
- Managed exposure monitoring projects to determine environmental safety of workers in occupational and residential settings for chemical contaminants per OSHA standards.
- Authored project proposals and performed budgeting, invoicing, and project design for industrial hygiene, indoor air quality, and environmental health and safety projects.
- Interpreted data and authored reports for industrial hygiene and environmental safety and health projects.
- Managed and conducted residential, commercial, and industrial indoor air quality assessments to identify potential health and hygiene hazards and offer recommendations for ameliorating air quality concerns.
- Performed indoor air quality testing and sampling for IAQ indicators, chemicals, and aerobiological contaminants.
Environmental Diagnostics Corporation – EDC, Fairfax, VA 2002 – 2008
- Conducted commercial and residential indoor air quality assessments to identify contaminants and potential health exposure and assess condition of heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning systems.
- Analyzed aerobiological and bulk samples for fungal identification purposes
The Nature Conservancy, Washington, DC 2006 – 2007
- Conducted background research on interface between poverty, health, and the environment to develop fieldwork and qualitative methodologies and conduct field research for comparative study to ascertain impacts of environmental
issues on people and communities.
- Provided fieldwork advisory in collection of qualitative data, including Key Informant Interviews with stakeholders regarding health, education, and other social factors.
American Red Cross, San Salvador, El Salvador 2001
- Managed $400,000 water/sanitation system construction and rehabilitation project for 5,000 beneficiaries; managed personnel and coordinated with CARE on needs assessment, objectives, and monitoring of results.
- Conducted damage and needs assessment, identified beneficiary populations, and developed project proposals.
- Coordinated daily potable water distributions to 5,000 earthquake victims of refugee shelter; coordinated
environmental health components, including analysis of water samples for chlorine levels and coliform bacterial
contamination to reduce disease infection risk.
Peace Corps, El Salvador 1998 – 2001
- Developed USAID-funded proposal to support biodiversity protection and park management and coordinated with
environmental NGO in reforestation project to protect threatened regions of national park.
- Organized and managed logistics, funding, and environmental educational components of Peace Corps El Salvador’s
first Environmental Youth Camp.
- Developed and conducted environment and health education training sessions for Salvadoran Education Ministry.
- Coordinated with local community assembly in design and implementation of park construction project. Authored
proposal in Spanish, supervised project, and managed USAID Small Project Assistance Funding.
Healthy Homes Training
(16 hour Course) NCHH, Bloomberg School, Johns Hopkins Univ
. by Dion Lerman, 2014
American Industrial Hygiene Association
, Conferences 2011 (Portland OR), 2012 (Indianapolis, IN)
IICRC Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification
- Applied Microbial Remediation Technician – AMRT (32 hr course) TM Cleaning & Restoration Schools by K. Sellers, 2013
- Water Restoration Technician – WRT (24 hr course) TM Cleaning & Restoration Schools by T. Macaluso, 2013
- Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician – FSRT (16 hour course) TM Cleaning & Restoration Schools by T. Macaluso, 2013
- Odor Control Technician – OCT (8 hour course) TM Cleaning & Restoration Schools by T. Macaluso, 2013
- Applied Structural Drying – ASD (32 hr course) HydroLab by K.Bolden, Indiana, 2014
OSHA 7845 Health and Safety Recordkeeping certification
40-hour OSHA Hazardous Waste Site Worker certification, 8-hour refresher
NIOSH 582 equivalent training for collection and analysis of asbestos air samples via PCM
EPA Asbestos Hazard Emergency Response Act (AHERA) accredited inspector, 4-hour refresher
Maryland MDE certified for the collection of drinking water samples
ASHI CPR, AED, and Basic First Aid certification
Fungal Identification (24 hr course) McCrone Research Instituteby J.Shane, Ph.D,Illinois, 2001